Students explore and develop concepts, terminology, techniques, and applications to design, create, print, and display original two-dimensional graphic and fine works of art. As they become more adept at using the tools and techniques available to them, students design digital still images through the single or combined use of computers, digital cameras, scanners, photo editing software, drawing and painting software, graphic tablets, printers, new media, and emerging technologies. Through the critique process, students evaluate and respond to their own designs and images and those of their peers to measure artistic growth with increasing sophistication. This course incorporates hands-on activities, the use of technology, and consumption of art materials. Student enrolled in this course will have be working with Adobe Illustrator CC software and have the opportunity to become an Adobe Certified Associate in Illustrator CC.
Bring the following with you everyday:
-Flashdrive AT LEAST 4 GIGS!
-Camera- if you can
-A "can do" attitude
Bennett's Tips for Success:
I am so happy that you chose this class and are allowing me to share what I am most passionate about, graphic design and art! I am a professional artist and want to help you become one too. In order to make that happen I need you to keep an open mind, act in a respectful and professional way at all times, and be willing to work hard. I promise that you will never regret putting your best foot forward each and every day. In addition, please remember to ...
1. ALWAYS label your work properly in the following format:
lastname_what it is.ai
If you send me something titled tutorial.jpg, it will not be graded.
2. ALWAYS share your work via Google Drive each Friday.
Work for each week is due on Friday- In order to keep both you and I organized and error free when it comes to grading, please utilize the following procedure each week:
1. During class discussions and introductions to new projects, I expect your full and undivided attention. I will always put all of the information on this class website, but I expect you to be an active participant in your learning which means that you need to be engaged and stay with me during lectures and demos. That way, if you have questions, I can answer them right away. I have asked each and every one of you to have a spiral notebook or loose lined paper for note taking, planning and sketching. Utilize these supplies and take good notes!
2. We work from bell to bell. This means that when you come into the classroom, you are to go straight to your computer and check the class website for your bell ringer. Also make sure to check your email when you arrive. I often send messages and make comments about your work so make sure to do this daily.
3. Finally, this class is meant to be informative, skill-building, and of course fun! If you are struggling in any capacity what-so-ever, PLEASE communicate your concerns to me. I cannot help you succeed if I don't know that you are struggling! BELIEVE ME, I want you to be successful!!!!